Subject: Re: [Leica] Storing negs and contact sheets
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:44:15 -0500

At 10:41 PM 1/1/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I have been storing 35mm negs for years in Patterson files.  They are
>loose-leaf binders holding neg sheets that will store seven strips, so
>that even if I have taken a 37th frame (I try not to), there is a place to
>put it.  I also use a Patterson frame for making a proof sheet of 36
>exposures on one 8 x ten sheet.  Patterson sells (at an exorbitant price)
>two-hole gummed strips so that the proof sheets can be stored adjacent to
>the negatives from whence they came.
>
>I heard a rumor that Patterson is in financial trouble.  If their negative
>storing materials go off the market, I'll have to kill myself.
>
>Herb
>--
>Herbert Kanner

Herb -

I used Patterson's system for years and still have some full notebooks
around here that haven't been converted to my current system.  I now cut
all negatives apart and mount them in slide mounts.  They are stored by
country and subject in hanging file pages in eleven lateral filing
cabinets.  Since my contact sheets are now digital, it's easier to scan
everything in slide mounts.  It's also much easier to edit and file by subject.

I hope Patterson is not going out of business.  They have always been very
supportive of black and white photography.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com