Subject: Re: [Leica] Whither Kodak RFS 3600
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 20:36:25 -0500

At 07:01 PM 12/30/01 -0800, you wrote:

>It jams way too easily. With cardboard mounted slides, the friction
>between two slides is sometimes too much, and it tries to suck in two
>slides at once at times. With plastic mounted slides, sometimes the little
>extra bits of plastic that all molded pieces come with catch on other
>slides, or on parts of the feeder and cause jamming. If I load 40 or so
>slides, I can now get it to do the whole thing about 60% of the time. At
>the beginning, I had trouble gettting the feeder to do more than 10 before
>jamming. The whole design isn't that great.
>
>--
>    *            Henning J. Wulff

Henning -

I'm back after vacation and catching up on over 6000 e-mails.  I had to
tell you - better late than never - that the SF-200 works perfectly with
the thicker plastic mounts.  I use both Gepe and Wess mounts (2 mm I think)
and have never had a jam with them.  The cardboard and thinner plastic
mounts like Pakon will definitely jam.  It is worth the slight extra
expense for the thicker mounts to be able to scan 40 slides at a time with
no babysitting.  When you order them 10,000 at at time, they are even cheaper.

The SF-200 is a life-saver.  I can't imagine scanning all of my slides one
at a time!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com