Subject: [Leica] back to Mac ...for Leica images.
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 06:57:16 -0700

I am moving back to Apple after 4-5 years in PC land....... like you , I do
lot of   (Leica)  photography, image storage, and photo handling, etc.

I have a couple of questions .....and hope that someone  who has been
through this

could please help me...

1. Is the current Apple software  especially  OS X   really stable,
especially for images etc,   and is
it now fast ....on the latest machines...?  I am thinking of a Ti G4
Powerbook.

2. Will I have a hard time converting  back to Mac based software with
respect to ISP's, with my current web sites,  set up with  PC/Win
98, and further, any issues  with my many important, stored,   Leica
photos?

3. Is Mac software/hardware  still better for images?

Has someone  made this transition  recently......is it easy or difficult?

And how to avoid the difficulties?

thanks very much for your help,  Steve