Subject: Re: [Leica] Jonathan's PAW week one
From: "Richard Ogden" <rj.ogden@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:27:38 -0000

Terrific sense of involvement here, Jonathan, the viewer really feels drawn
into the scene by the exaggerated perspective produced by the closeness of
the man and his pole. The slight subject movement, too, adds to the feeling
that here is a real slice of life happening in front of our eyes, and his
slightly wary, slightly hostile expression matches the mood of his
surroundings and the overall atmosphere of the scene. A nice touch is the
two figures to his right, especially as one is pointing back into the scene.
Your alternative picture is fascinating too. What is going on here? An
impromptu book sale? Some 'found' books? Whatever, the circular group at the
front concentrate attention on the books, the tiny background figures also
look into the scene, and there is sufficient of the surroundings shown, in
very delicate tones, to set a context. Fascinating pictures.

Richard

Richard Ogden
PAW Site: http://mysite.freeserve.com/paw2002/index.html