Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Wash Time...for anyone whose's up...
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:34:16 -0600

Since the Zone VI film washer is extremely efficient, I'm sure it is overkill.
I use the 15 minutes to clean up the area and get organized. Also
grab a water or cup-o-joe.
Since I use to be in the 'news biz' I enjoy taking my time.
When I was a student I worked with a wire service photographer who
was always talking about the "minimum wet-time" theory of developing.
Basically, the quicker you got the film developed, fixed and washed
the less the grain. His idea of washing the film was a quick dip in
water and then into the worst looking photo-flo you've ever seen.
John Fulton
Fort Worth