Subject: Re: [Leica] Film survey
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:21:54 EST

These days I shoot mainly black and white, but if requested I will load up
with color too.

Black & white:
Tri-X, mainly in D-76 1:1 10" but occasionally in FX-37/Xtol.

Fuji ACROS 100 ASA in Beutler or Rodinal 1:100

Fuji Neopan F @ 40 ASA in either PMK or Beutler (works very well in D-23 too)

EFKE 25 (when I can find it) Rodinal 1:150, stand developed for 90" and rated
at 50 ASA.

Color:
Superia for general shooting.

Reala for interiors with awful mix of lightsources.

For interesting black/white I use AGFAPAN 250. This is a movie stock that the
local AGFA rep gave me years ago. They had a mixed bag of emulsions and
rather than sending it for destruction, he offered it to me. Comes  in 400
feet rolls and over the years I have shot about 4000 feet of it. Still have
1600 feet left. It is an old style emulsion, rich in silver and biased to
mid-tones. It does tend to make everybody look like Marlene Dietrich. High
basefog but prints well. Usually I rate it at ASA 200 and run it in PMK, but
it can be rated at 320 and developed in D-76 too.
Occasionally you can get Kodak Duplicating film (used for turning negs into
positives). It seems to have an unlimited shelve life and I use it at 80 ASA
and develop in Beutler. Very tight grain and smooth mid-tones.

Tom A

Tom Abrahamsson
Vancouver, BC
Canada