Subject: Re: [Leica] depth of field lever
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 06:58:35 -0600

If you don't get the concept of depth of field, it's like squinting to see
better........you shut your eyes down and things become clearer.

The depth of field lever works the same way...you are shutting the lens
aperature down manually thus being able to see what's in focus. It is most
easy to see this using small aperatures...f/5.6 on thru f/22 though the
viewfinder will get darker the more you close down.

It's one of the handy-dandiest features of a camera in my opinion...once you
get the hang of how what it does.

The camera lens automatically shuts down for you when you take the picture
so you needn't hold the lever while you shoot...it's more to help you
compose and preview your image.

Lea