Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Rollei CLA
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:16:09 -0500

At 09:41 AM 1/11/02 -0800, S Dimitrov wrote:
>Granted that most require a CLA. But let's say you needed a new pressure
>plate, a sync connector, meter parts, or whatever re-riveted. Yes, even
>rivets are scarce. Apparently Marflex won't have those parts on hand. I
>tried getting a new back for a 3.5F, as a crack has appeared by the
>hinge on mine. It's no longer available, with the only back in stock is
>one for the Tele-Rollei. I suspect if  more than 3-5 people ordered
>that, it would be gone from inventory forever.
>One certainly can't foresee a good samaritan jumping in and retooling
>just for our benefit.

Good points, Slobodan -- but these parts almost never wear out.  Of the
dozens of Rolleiflex TLR's I've owned, nary a one has needed the parts you
describe.  By "rivets", I suppose you are referring to the screw-in parts
for the meter-cell.  These might be hard to find now but, as they come in
the cell kits, it is still possible to find them.  The other fasteners in
the body are all DIN.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!