Subject: Re: [Leica] Richard Ogden's PAW
From: "Richard Ogden" <rj.ogden@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:46:34 -0000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 12:28 AM
Subject: [Leica] Richard Ogden's PAW

: Nicely seen landscape.  Did you by chance shoot a vertical of the tower on
: the left side.  Depending on how tall the tower is, that might be the
: stronger image:  my eye keeps coming back to the top of the tower.
:
: Don Dory
: dorysrus@mindspring.com

Don,

What you see is the base of Blackpool Tower - you can see the full thing
here:

http://www.tourist-information-uk.com/blackpool-tower-pleasure-beach.htm

The tower is 518 feet high - somewhat out of the range of my 50mm without
introducing some converging verticals :-) Anyone have 1 12mm C/V I could
borrow!

In the middle distance is Blackpool's Central Pier - there are 3 all told -
with its giant ferris wheel, and in the far distance you can see 'The Big
One', one of the highest, fastest, . . .   well you get the picture . . .
roller coasters in the world.

In summer, this area teems with tourists - one of the most popular seaside
resorts in Britain. But in winter it takes on an entirely different
character, and the sea-front / beach area is often deserted, since the
residents, of course, take it for granted.

Thanks for your comments.
Richard