Subject: RE: [Leica] NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: "Leica User" <leicauser@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:13:54 -0000

I thought I'd mention the newer Canon EOS range of cameras which have what
they call FP flash which allows the flash to synchronise at all shutter
speeds (up to 1/4000th second on my EOS 50E - probably higher on the EOS
1V).

It just so happens that in the current edition of EOS Magazine, dated
December 2001, there is an article which describes FP flash. Basically, the
flash duration is extended to the length of the exposure, e.g. 0.25
milliseconds at 1/4000th second shutter speed. This means, though, that the
intensity of the flash is reduced so it's most beneficial for fill-in flash
where the subject is not too far from the camera.

Perhaps this could be how the M7 would work?

Joe Chan
Surrey, England