Subject: RE: [Leica] NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:39:01 -0800

A flashbulb has an ON time that is measured in many tens of
miliseconds.....   A ELectronic flash is tens  of
microseconds.......different story...

But to be honest, I do not know and therefore not understand the Olympus OM
cameras you point out.  There may be a technology there that is
different.....

Most of the P+S ( all that I know of) use a between the lens shutter.. an
easy fast flash synch job because it does not use a slit.  The area of the
focal plane is open at one time, for any speed......  The Rollei TLR  all
use this technique.. 1/500 synch speed for electronic flash since the 40's..
or whenever Eddgerton did his deed........

Frank Filippone

Olympus did it easily with the OM-4t and 3t.
  Actually it's pretty simple, like a flashbulb.

  You've seen Olympus' redeye reduction in their p&s cameras? It's often
called flutterflash, rapidly-strobing.