Subject: [Leica] To photograph a drummer
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:40:45 -0500

Bonjour Adam,

  Being a (very) part time drummer, I can offer the following advice.  If
you have access to a very wide angle (21mm or the like), you might want
to shoot from the floor up, on the right side of the bass drum.
Depending on the general drum setup, mine is a la John Bonham, you may be
able to frame the drummer with a tom-tom, the snare and the high-hat.
Makes for a nice unusual composition.  In addition, shots from behind the
setup are much appreciated by many drummers (if I say so meself!).

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason, mais avec une caisse claire)