Subject: Re: [Leica] A few thoughts about flash
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:40:59 -0800

Tina Manley wrote:
>>Try an experiment.  Load one camera with
> Tri-X or TMax 400 and put the Noctilux on it.  Load the other camera with
> Provia 100, a slow lens, and the SF20.  Take photos of the same subject -
> your grandkids playing inside with very little natural light.  Use an
> card or handkerchief to soften the SF20.  Take a roll of photos with
each.<<

Hi Tina,
Considering it was your influence to purchase the SF20 in the first place
I'll just have to do your "assignment test!" ;-) Don't worry Sandy saw your
post so she'll be on my case to get at it and make it work. Or the next
thing I know she'll be showing me material she did and end up being my
teacher. :-)

Then I'd have three women on my case and trust me, the two here don't need
any help, they keep me inline fairly well! ;-)

Actually the film I shot using the SF20 looked quite good in negative form
to be printed later today. Although I haven't used colour, I did B&W in both
the R8 and M6 as straight flash pictures. As usual, I haven't spent enough
time in the "fill mode" which will be corrected shortly and probably where
I'd use it most.

So there you go eh? After 51 years you never stop learning the magic of
photography. ;-) There's always something new and exciting around the
corner. I suppose some form of digital camera will be next. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] A few thoughts about flash)