Subject: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:48:15 -0500

> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:24:47 -0800
> From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
> Subject: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
>
> At 09:35 PM 1/13/2002 -0500, Rolfe Tessem wrote:
>
> >While you might use the TTL flash metering capability of the M6 TTL
> >occasionally, as I do, no professional in his/her right mind would use it
> >on on a real job that really required this capability for the successful
> >completion of the assignment. You'd be too worried that that the 1/50th
> >sync speed just wouldn't let you get the shot.
>
> The funny thing is, the 1/50th is only a problem for flash fill when
> photographing outdoors.
>
> When the flash is the main light (indoors), the 1/50th sync speed is of
> little consequence.

<snip>

Jim,

On re-reading my comment that you quoted, I guess it wasn't clear that I
was referring to exterior flash fill for which, I think we can all
agree, 1/50th is pretty limiting.

> I know numerous professional photographers that use their M6 cameras, with
> flash, on real jobs.

I don't doubt this in the slightest. This began with some comments I
made regarding the leaked specs of the M7 as it related to the addition
of better flash capabilities in that camera. I have nothing against the
M6 -- I own two of them along with an SF20 even!

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
New York City