Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:33:05 -0500

Tim Atherton wrote:

> > As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure about this, as I've described it
> > above is how all the systems you mention work. Which is why I said that
> > TTL flash metering is really only of utility when using a single unit.
> > And I didn't say it was *just* for wedding photographers; I stated my
> > opinion that it was probably designed with their needs in mind.

> nope, there is a regulating unit that does just this - it came from the
> underwater photography area originally. i forget the name right now and the
> technical details, but as i recall it employs a very simple solution. and
> does so wirelessly
>
> i believe nikon my now use this system in some of their later flash models

Tim,

Your are the second person to mention this and I stand corrected. I
would be interested to know.the details of how it does this given the
limitations inherent in having only one behind the lens sensor.

I have seen systems that claim to do as you describe, but on closer
examination they all were dependent on the positioning of the flash
units themselves to regulate the lighting ratio.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem	|	Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com	|	96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029	|	New York, NY 10014

Replies: Reply from "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN)