Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Nikon LS-2000 / WinXP trouble - help !
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:51:09 -0500 (EST)

horror stories like pascal's are why i hold out hope for
SANE and other open-source initiatives.  open-source gives you
the control over your environment.  (all you need is a little
C programming!)  with closed-source, once the manufacturer no longer
finds it economical or strategic to support the software, any change to
the environment could render the software and--in this case--the hardware
useless.

does anyone out there have a nice linux-based image processing
workstation?  i'd love to know.

- -rei