Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: M6TTL vs "Classic" question
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:18:11 -0500

Seth - I too wouldn't worry about taking an older body on a personal trip -
and I'd worry less anyway about an M4 than I would an M3. But with M3s in
particular, viewfinder/rangefinder separation happens, as do shutter roller
problems.

I am not saying that these aren't wonderful cameras - and I'm also not
saying that they weren't better made than the M6s, because regardless of
what a certain EP says, I don't think there is an question that the Leicas
made today are not as solid as the Leicas manufactured backwhen - although
the M6 is still probably the best built camera being produced today. (And
one of these days I will acquire an M3 for personal use).

But the bottom line is that it simply doesn't make sense to court possible
disaster when you can easily avoid it.

But then, to each his/her own.

B. D.