Subject: RE: [Leica] M Durability
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:48:01 -0500

More power to you, Mark - But old cameras do die, just like old cars die,
old home appliances die, and old people die - no matter how well they're
maintained. In the case of Ms, the finders go belly up - and, if one
believes Sherry Krauter, cannot be reliably repaired when they do (although
they can be replaced with a more modern rangefinder) - and the shutter
curtain roller mechanism goes.

But again, its a matter of what you're personally comfortable with. I
certainly know that when I'm on a job something can go wrong with one of my
M6s, but I know that that is less likely to happen if I am using a
relatively new M6 than it is if I am using an M3 from 1954 - it's just a sad
fact of life.

B. D.