Subject: Re: [Leica] Hewes stainless steel reels
From: Charles Everitt <charleyeveritt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:39:51 -0700

At 12:05 PM Wednesday, 1/16/2002, Don wrote:
>Have never clipped the end of the film to the reel if 35mm film is being
>processed. Clipping might well create a problem.

It does create a problem, in my experience. The Hewes reels I looked at in
a store (curious after reading this forum) have the little hook that
engages a sprocket hole, like my late-edition Nikors.  The easiest way to
load them is to leave the "tongue" on the film, and hook that into the
reel.  The roll picks up the proper spiral automatically.  Works for me,
anyway.

Charley
everitt@mscd.edu

Message from "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> ([Leica] Hewes stainless steel reels)