Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding shooting
From: Charles Everitt <charleyeveritt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:32:28 -0700

>Several of you mentioned that you shoot weddings then hand over the film to
>the bride or groom and leave it at that.

I've done a variation on that.  I took the film to a good pro lab for
proofs and left it in the Bride and Groom's name.  I'd be afraid to give
the B&G unprocessed film -- They'd take it to a one-hour lab and I'd get
blamed for bad prints.  I also gave the B&G a price list for enlargements
from the same lab, so they know what kind of money they are going to spend
on their album.

>In a dealing like this, is there a contract involved and if so, what is
>covered in it? What do you guarantee?

Standard wedding contract stuff.  I'll be there and do the best job I
can.  Plus some non-performance disclaimers that would probably not stand
up in court.  I never guaranteed a certain number of photos, even in a
standard album contract.

The only problem is that you don't get to edit out any less-than-perfect
photos before the B&G see them.  You just explain beforehand that nobody's
perfect, including you.

Charley
everitt@mscd.edu