Subject: [Leica] Re: Hewes stainless steel reels
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:24:05 -0600

Jeffery:

>Does one simply press the squared end of the
>film against the two protruding tongs and then start feeding it onto the
>reel (i.e., the reel doesn't really attach to the film)?

The tongs protrude off a little plate.  I take the squared end of the film,
and push it onto the plate...and slide it up a little bit.  Then, I pull it
back, and the tongs engage a sprocket hole, and off we go.  Much easier done
than said.  Just try loading it in daylight.  It'll be very obvious very
quickly how you can use the tongs to grab the sprockets.

Eric

Message from John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com> (Re: [Leica] weddings)
Message from "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> ([Leica] Hewes stainless steel reels)