Subject: [Leica] M2 question
From: "B.Entus" <brutus@mda.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:36:05 -0800

>I know that there is a fast loading kit for the earlier Leica M's. Do these
>provide loading similar to the M6? Does the kit work with the M2 and if so,
>how common are they? Also what sort of price would I have to expect to pay
>if I wanted to buy one?

Years ago I got a quick load kit for the M2. It consists of a replacement
take-up spool, and a film guide that fastens to the base plate, and a
the leader to the take-up spool from the bottom. It is similar in to the
M4/6 standard system, except that there is just a single insertion slot  so
the spool must be rotated to align wit the film gate (at most half a wind
on the wind lever). The kit was made or at least sold by Leica, and is
apparently not suitable for the M3.

I have found it to be very reliable and more convenient that standard M2/M3
the leader cut or threading.

I think it cost about $30 (new) in the 1980's.  I have no idea about
current availability of cost.

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com> (Re: [Leica] M2 question)