Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 question
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:43:10 -0500

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:36:05 -0800, "B.Entus" <brutus@mda.ca> wrote:

>The kit was made or at least sold by Leica, and is
>apparently not suitable for the M3.

The reason it's not as suited to the M3 as to the M2 is because of the
difference in the frame counter resets.  On the M2 the counter is manually
reset, so the rapidload spool can simply be left in place.  On the M3 you
need to pull the spool out a bit on each film change to reset the counter.

I had one for my M3, and after a bit of experimenting decided it was a
retrograde step from the normal removable spool.  I found the original
opinion might not have been the same.

Paul