Subject: Re: [Leica] 135 f4 Tele Elmar Bargain?
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:18:36 EST

In a message dated 1/17/02 11:48:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
marc@attinasi.org writes:

> user 135 f4 Tele Elmar for sale.  It needs a full
>  CLA as there is a lot of dust and the aperture ring sticks, but after
>  looking it over and bargaining I was able to talk them waay down. Still,
>  I figure a CLA must be about $100 for it, so I was wondering what these
>  lenses are worth if already cleaned and adjusted condition. Anyone have
>  an idea?

Mark:

This is a wonderful lens, optically excellent and strong as can be
mechanically. I sold one like-new in orig box last summer for $725. A user
that is optically and mechanically fine but cosmetically, heh, in today's
market might fetch $350.-450. For a complete overhaul, John Van Stelten could
charge up to $150., depending on what need to be done, so figure out the math.

The 135 Tele-Elmar requires careful focussing on all M cameras. The .85 RF
helps and the new VF magnifier helps a lot. That's the reason Leitz put
goggles on the 135/2,8 Elmarit-M, to ensure more accurate focussing. I sold
my Tele-Elmar because I found I just wasn't using the 135 focal length on my
M cameras at all. Good luck.

Seth          LaK 9