Subject: [Leica] re: weddings and contracts
From: MEBerube <photog@pivot.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:27:44 -0500

At 07:19 AM 1/16/02 -0800, someone asked:
> >Several of you mentioned that you shoot weddings then hand over the film to
> >the bride or groom and leave it at that.
> >
> >In a dealing like this, is there a contract involved and if so, what is
> >covered in it? What do you guarantee?

Sorry I'm late...digests piled up on me...

Here is how I handle being a freelense event photographer:
http://www.goodphotos.com/business.html
and my simple contract:
http://www.GoodPhotos.com/agreement.html

Works well. Everyone is happy, I'm paid well enough for my work and as I
process and print the first standard set of prints all reprints will be
judged against those. The Bride and Groom have no one to blame but their
own budget if they take my nice negatives to Walmart for reprints.

Even better, I now also offer digital reprints through Signature Lab in TX.
Signature takes the orders and deals with the cash then sends me a check at
the end of the month based on my customised price list. I get residuals
without having to take orders myself.

Gotta love the Computer age.
:)

Carpe Luminem,