Subject: Re: [Leica] xtol results?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:34:04 -0500

Marc Attinasi wrote:

> Just out of the darkroom where I processed two rolls of TMAX 400 in XTOL
> 1:3 and the results are surprising.  Having never used XTOL I did not
> know what to expect.  I used dev times from the Massive Development
> Chart - 15 minutes for the roll shot at 800 and 13.5 for the one shot at
> 400 - 70deg, agitation every minute by hand.
>
> The negs look a little thin, and much flatter than I expected from that
> film, especialy the pushed roll.
>
> Is this normal XTOL behavior, or is something wrong with my times /
> technique / camera / expectations?

The results are consistent with developer exhaustion. How much stock did
you use per roll?

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] xtol results?)