Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Something to feel good about. :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:54:02 -0800

Eric wrote:
>That's your boy!
>
> So how does seeing your son's work like this compare to your being proud
of your own work, such as the famous picture of the prime minister sliding
down the banister?<<<<<

Eric,
I have to say quite honestly that he's a super photographer and he's humbled
me by shooting my butt off on more than one occasion! :-) It's a very good
feeling to see one's off spring succeed so well with the same dedication to
the craft.

When he was just a little guy he'd stand on a stool in the dark room and
buffalo prints from the stop tray through to the washer, so he's grown up
with hypo in his veins! ;-)

The unfortunate thing is, he's not into leica, although he learned his
shooting skills using them, he eventually went Canon. However, I don't
believe his lack of Leica has hurt his ability one iota. ;-)  The very first
pro-football game I took him to he used a Leica SLmot and a 250 mm lens and
I only let him shoot one roll of B&W film. Results?

8 out of 36 frames were used immediately and were sold later for secondary
use.

The first overseas international sport event he attended as one of our crew
was in Edinburgh, Scotland 1986, he blew most of our crew away. This led to
him being one of the regular shooters in '87 Indianapolis Pan American
Games, '88 Winter, Calgary, Canada and Summer, Seoul, Korea, Olympics.

Since then he's covered nearly every international event plus all kinds of
national and other sports. He's the official photographer for Skate Canada
which is our National Skating organization.

If you're interested in seeing some of his work please have a look at his
company web site, "Image Communications" for examples.

Image Communications.       http://www.cyberus.ca/~fsgrant/

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant