Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW week 3: US imperialism in Germany
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:46:12 +1100

>Last weekend we went shopping to Singen,
>http://www.wajsman.com/2002_3.jpg
>(M6,Fuji Acros, 24mm Elmarit)
>
>My alternate this week is another Swiss landscape,
>http://www.wajsman.com/2002_3alt1.jpg
>(M3, 50mm Summilux, Maco 820 IR film)

Nathan,

Well that is what I call bookends. Both ends of the spectrum. Both
images are quite beautiful, but the first could benefit from a more
definite human presence. The people in this image are just too far
away for me -- can't say how you could fix it using the same
patterned work of the carts, but maybe the image would be stronger
without anyone in it at all.

Cheers

- --
Alastair Firkin