Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:21:35 -0600

John:

>Wk1 & Wk2 you  have used lighting that is (generally) too low for this subject.
> ie. light source below the optical axis of camera.
>This tends to produce 'dracula' or 'spooky' lighting.

I agree about week 2, but are you sure about week 1?

The reason I'm questioning is that if you don't like the lighting in week 1,
it's not because it's below the camera.  The kid was close to the floor, and
the light came from windows behind her (but that's blocked by the "bouncy"
she's sitting in) and to her left (so from the right of the picture) that
were a couple feet above her.  Of course, that's not to say some couldn't
have bounced up from the carpet.  I don't see signs of light from below in
week 1.  What clues are you seeing?

I thought I had decent lighting in week 1, so I really want to figure out
what I did wrong!  :)

Eric