Subject: [Leica] Eric's PAW
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:25:11 +1100

Eric,
I like you week 1 alternate pic. the best of all your pics so far. (Kids and animals always win!) Wk1 & Wk2 you
have used lighting that is (generally) too low for this subject. ie. light source below the optical axis of camera.
This tends to produce 'dracula' or 'spooky' lighting. Wk2 alternate needs to bee crooped heavily. Too much of
the mother's back. Tighter shhotting required. This is also advised I need to say out loud to myself to make it
happen!
Wk3 & alternate immediately strike me as though you are advertising something, abut I don't know what! The
babies expression is good in the alternate. Maybe tight in again and concentrate on that.
Your baby I presume. Keep on photographing, but work around different viewpoints and exploit different lighting
to get varyation until the baby can 'do things' to photograph.
Enjoy the experince.
Cheers,
JohnA

John Amiet