Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photographer's block
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:58:34 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:
>>> A good single malt is the answer.<<<<<<

Hi Jim,
At risk of being accused of starting the lads & lasses back to discussing
excellent single malt scotch, I have to agree with you whole heartedly!

Sometimes when one has come to the end of their imaginative wherewithal, a
quiet sit down with a fine single malt and excellent smooth jazz quietly in
the background the "seeing comes back to life" and one can re-enter the fray
of picture taking with much greater gusto capturing mind blowing images. :-)

Damn that sounds good, I may just give it a try some day. ;-) Naw I've done
it a few times in the middle of an assignment, like folks right in the
middle of an absolutely mind blowing project of incredible income return and
you visually go blind! Not one "seeing" ability is working! Nada!

You can't see a picture to save your mother's life, so what I've said above
is an almost fool proof way of getting over the slump. Step back out of the
circle and become the recorder and not part of the story!

However, don't forget to temper the amount of single malt to a minor amount
and not get stupid! ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant