Subject: RE: [Leica] Focusing Screen OT Rollei 2.8 F
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:28:53 -0500

Hi Tim,  I have a 2x3 Galvin view camera which is very simple and light.
Good for hauling around the N. GA mountains, and I like the ease of roll
film use (no need to remove the screen to use a roll film back).  I mainly
use a 65mm f8 Super Angulon on this camera, but occasionally use a 150mm
Fujinon.  The slow glass was killing me when trying to view on a standard
ground glass screen.  Even under a dark cloth, the image was still almost
completely black.  With the Maxwell screen I rarely even need the dark cloth
any more.

Bill asked me a ton of questions about how I used this camera and what
lenses I used to determine which screen to recommend, and I couldn't be
happier with the results.  I can't remember which screen he ended up sending
me.  Hi-Lux something or other, I think.  I have never used a beattie
screen, but the boss screen sounds way to fragile for me.

BK