Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAW - Week 3 - SlideOne
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:46:31 -0600

on 1/22/02 4:30 AM, Eric at ericm@pobox.com wrote:

>> http://slideone.com/PAWimages/week03.02.html
>
> Doesn't do much for me.  The lady looks weird in midstep.  Looks *too*
> intentional with where the lady is in respect to the building.  Can't really
> tell what the building is or where the lady is going.  It doesn't tell a
> story.

Yeah, another good example of me being attached to some good ideas but the
photo is really nothing. It's a good background for a photo...

>> http://slideone.com/PAWimages/week03alt.02.html
>
> I like.  The footprints would be easy enough to remove.  :)  I'd like to see
> different angles.  Maybe from shooting higher up and angled down so you
> there's less building in the background, but the bar attached to the swings
> is included.  Right now, the chains just go off into nothing.  Which isn't
> necessarily bad.  I'd just like to see a less busy background.

As Don said this is the stronger image. I try to think why I didn't make it
the main...all I can come up with is I thought the other would be accepted
or more clearly understood. Foolish for me to think that people can't easily
read into a photo...

- --
John
Chicago, IL