Subject: [Leica] The perils of close-up photography
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:43:46 -0000

It was one of those moments when everything was coming together. I had a
highly contentious subject for my new PAW. I had taken on board the advice
given on past failures. Oblique side lighting for enhanced texture. I felt
good, I was in the zone. I could here those luggers in my head saying "get
in close for impact". I closed the gap on the subject. The luggers in my
head were insistent, "get in closer". I clipped on the close-up specs and
went for the kill. The luggers in my head were ever more insistent "rotate
that lens barrel to its fullest extent. Focus by moving the camera back and
forward". I should not have listened. Can any one tell me of a safe way to
remove peanut butter from the front element of my lens. Thanks in advance.

Graham