Subject: [Leica] Re: Acupan 200
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:13:38 +0000

on 23/1/2002 11:23 pm, Allan at owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
wrote:

> I've found T-Max
> 400 developed in T-Max developer to be ridiculously free of shadow detail.
> So much so, that I send back all the open bricks I had. Has anyone had good
> experience with this film. I have 8 rolls of the stuff left for trade for
> anything!

Hi Allan

Best thing I've found to tame TMax 400 is Ilford Perceptol diluted 1:3 -
long development times but it gives very printable negs with most of the
film's toe and shoulder oddities well under control. It's not bad in Xtol
either and acceptable in D-76, just don't like the look in TMax dev - think
you feel the same!

David Prakel

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Acupan 200)