Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Leica R8 vs. Nikon D1x
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:13:37 -0800

On 1/24/02 at 11:31 AM, bdcolen@earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) thoughtfully wrote:

> I don't care what he sells. And I find it pretty astounding the number of
> people who are missing the quite obvious point of my initial post - I don't
> believe the LUG is a place for dealers - who may also be shooters - to offer
> camera comparisons when they are touting what they are selling.
>
> Can you say CONFLICT OF INTEREST, boys and girls?

I think this is an area where you are much sensative than many of us BD.

I don't see a problem. If this is a community in which everyone has a voice then
dealers have a voice just like the rest of us. They offer their product
inventory on Fridays by the list's rules.

I didn't feel I was being "sold to" by the post. In fact, I think dealers and
store owners have a unique perspective on the equipment they sell which is
valuable for all of us to hear and understand.

I'm not sure where "conflict of interest" enters this since at no time was Nigel
in any way acting as an agent for me or was offering to do the same.

Having points of view expressed about equipment is of great interest to me. I
hope that when dealers express their opinion they are careful to identify
themselves as such so that information can be filed away. I WILL remember
dealers who behave poorly and I hope reward dealers who give the straight skinny
over time.

Thanks

Adam