Subject: RE: [Leica] Alfie's January 26th PAW...BD
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:39:25 -0500

Lea - First off, who made me the judge-god-almighty? No one. I am expressing
an opinion. I am allowed to do that. If all we do is drool and fawn over
each other's PAWs, there is less than no point for us to be taking up
bandwidth with the PAW project. I have made what I think is constructive
criticism - of Alfie's PAW as well as of other peoples.

As to your comments:

.

First of all, Alfie can post whatever the hell he wants.

Of course he can. I never even suggested he couldn't.
- ---
And who is B.D. to
say Alfie didn't give a heck of a lot of thought to this image even before
he posted it?
- ---
I didn't say he didn't spend weeks thinking about each image - what I
suggested is that he should spend much more time than he is spending.

- -----
Who made B.D. the judge-god-almighty of what should and
shouldn't get posted to a PAW?

- -----

Why are people posting PAWs, Lea - to get told that they are the new hope of
the photographic world? Or in posting their work are they offering it up for
CRITICISM?

- -----
B.D. goes further in his mean-spirited (I can't help but think he thought it
might be interpreted as mean spirited since he writes << I don't want to be
mean - honest - >>) letter to say Alfie is shooting like a child with
his/her first camera in that Alfie is shooting everything in sight. So the
hell what????? How do you think a person is supposed to learn?

- ----

Well, Lea, one is supposed to learn by shooting, by studying the work of
others, and by submitting their work for CRITICISM.

- ----

Why in the world would a fellow photographer begrudge another the right to
shoot (and POST) whatever in the world he/she wants.
- ---

Anyone can post anything they want to post. As you say, who am I to say they
can't. But if they post something, they should expect that people will react
to it.

- ----
I am appalled.
Lea
- -----

I'm sure you are, Lea. I am also sure that you would be standing at the curb
praising the Emperor's New Clothes as he paraded by stark naked.

And, since you have chosen to be so intentionally snotty, let me add that I
think your lashing out at me over my criticism of Alfie's work is really
lashing out at me because of my criticism of your latest post - criticism,
by the way, that was echoed by several other LUGers.

Cheers

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Bas" <bas@baswip.com> (Re: [Leica] Alfie's January 26th PAW...BD)
Reply from "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] Alfie's January 26th PAW...BD)