Subject: RE: [Leica] Living with a D!X, picking pockets with an M
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:25:29 -0800 (PST)

In my experience unobstrusiveness is more in the mind of the photographer than
the subject.

Eugene Smith used to do his work with 5 big cameras strapped to himself. In his
earlier years these were Leicas but in his later years these were SLRs.

He wrote a blurb in a book called Darkroom where he said that he could blend in
just fine with the big cameras by getting the subjects acclimated to his
precense before hand and then really going to work.

I personally have taken grab shots with my silent (quieter than a leica) AF
Hexar, but I've taken shots just as close up with my Nikon 8008s and a 24mm
lens.

Pete