Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW Rob Mellor
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:44:29 -0600

Rob,

I looked at your image and was left feeling much like the others.......no
strong point of interest.

Some say the people are distracting because they are too small, some say to
highlight a big/little, old/young kind of thing on either side of the wall
and I agree that would certainly add some interest. Even having one side
full of people and the other side empty would emphasize the opposite idea.

I do see that on the left side of the wall there is nothing but man-made
items while on the right there a bit of nature tucked in with the flower
beds and trees. So it appears your opposites are already built in but not
focused on.

- ----------------------

My first question to you would be 'what do you want us to know about this
space?'
Was it huge, imposing or off-putting? If so, I don't get that. A different
angle would show how huge it is by shooting low to the ground and up with a
wide angle lens.

Is it some sort of dividing line thru a busy area?
There need to be more people in it to show that.

This picture reminds me of my little brother back when we were walking home
from grade school....he was walking on the terrace and walked right into a
sign post because he wasn't looking where he was going. The end of this
building is certainly in our faces but I'm not sure what the point is.

It may be that the very stucture of this building fascinates you...if that
is the case, the fascination doesn't come thru. You might go back, hold your
camera to your eye and walk around. Shuffle this side and that, bend down
low, angle up high and keep looking through the viewfinder at what you are
seeing. My guess is that you will eventually 'see' the image that grabs you
and you will have a much stronger image.

Lea