Subject: [Leica] Week 4 PAW - Jeffery
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:22:37 -0600

Not a good day to shoot down here; the sky was clear, the sun was blinding,
and I had Agfa Vista 800 in my camera. Mardi Gras parades have started, and
I no longer have much mobility in town.

This appears to be a heap of garbage, but it is actually someone's grave
site. The owl statue caught my eye. Holt Cemetery is owned by the city of
New Orleans, and provides grave sites for the folks who cannot afford to
bury their loved ones above ground in giant marble structures. Jessie Hill
(OO POO PA DOO) is buried here, with a piece of plywood as a headstone.
Buddy Bolden is also buried here but his grave marker has been lost.

I almost didn't post a PAW this week, as I'm not happy with the conditions
under which this was taken. However, like Weight Watches and marriage, we
have good weeks and bad weeks.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA

Replies: Reply from "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: Week 4 PAW - Jeffery)