Subject: [Leica] Re: Week 4 PAW - Jeffery - Maybe a URL would help
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:44:33 +1100

Jeffery Smith writes:

> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/PAW_4.html
>
> Jeffery Smith

Jeff,

The image is a great record, and one that "interests" me from an academic
point of view, but as an image, it seems too busy and not "focused" on
anything. The large DOF means that all the trees in the bg fuzz the edges of
the shrine, and perhaps a lower angle and less DOF would help. Also, the owl
is great, but needs to stand out some how. If it were b/w, I'd consider
using a split contrast range, and darkening the surrounding debris, with
colour, I might use some form of darkroom magic such as a colour filter ring
to isolate interest to the owl. As it stands, it is too busy for me.

As for the cl, I'm very surprised. I had a CLE, and although it was small, I
always liked the way it handled. Tom may have a grip which might help, and
perhaps a larger shutter button aka the softie to give the camera a "larger"
feel.

Cheers

Alastair