Subject: [Leica] Arrogant comments - by me ;-)
From: firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:22:51 +1100

: Id like to take more portraits but have a lack of willing participants,
: here's a first attempt;
:
: http://www.futurafish.com/www/Misc/TeresaDec2001.htm
:
: Its amazing; I lived in this part of the UK for 22 years and I never even
: knew there was a 10th Century church just 2 miles down the road, I went
: along to take a look on a misty day at Christmas;
:
: http://www.futurafish.com/www/Misc/ChurchDec2001.htm
:
: Happy new year everyone... stay safe.
:

Jason,

Speaking of snaps, I treated myself to Elliot Erwit's  "Snaps" this
Christmas, and I'm still only 30% of the way through it. Wonderful eye. The
first lesson it has "taught" me is reflected by these images. What I would
now want to do is take the beauty of both, and combine them. Get that
portrait and the beauty of the scene together. Each by themselves look
static. Now that is not really a argument against either image, but rather a
desire on my behalf to get more into the images I make. Don't just take a
scene, take a story ;-)

Cheers and happy new year

Alastair