Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW week 4 Steve Unsworth
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:49:04 -0500

> http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_04.htm
>
> I haven't made any comments for such a long time because the shot is good
> enough that for the longest time I didn't have anything to say but well
> done.  Now, I think, the only things that might have made the image stronger
> would be to increase the DOF as the image is all about the bystanders
> looking at some kind of art.  With the Noctilux, the only sharp person is
> the guy with the camcorder but what I really want to explore is the couple
> on the end, and all the other interactions going on that don't necessarily
> have anything to do with the masterpiece on exhibit.
>
> Don Dory
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Don,

I have to disagree, I think Steve hit the nail on the head with this photo
If you interpret the meaning of these people looking at art, then the OOF
people in the picture are shown in a confused state, which represents the
world wide mass art audience in general, and their lack of understanding art
(myself included). Look at how the OOF people are all standing in a
different direction. The guy with the camera represents the informed
minority along with the girl beside him.

My .02 cents.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW week 4 Steve Unsworth)