Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW now every week, Don Dory
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:30:39 -0800

On 1/27/02 at 4:04 PM, dorysrus@mindspring.com (Don Dory) thoughtfully wrote:

> The third image is back at the OK Cafe.  I liked how this Gentleman could
> read his NYTimes with chaos around him.  Shot with the Jupiter 3 at around
> 2.  I wanted to see how the 15mm shots looked before I kept using the lens.

This is my favorite - probably because unlike the images that preceded it there
isn't the optical distortion that goes with shooting so wide. This is a personal
preference of mine: I acutely dislike the distortion that happens at the edges
of wide-angle photos. So I know I'm not in the audience for them.

What makes this photo work for me is the sense of activity and the expression on
his face which I cannot categorize. I guess it's his intense engagement with his
subject.

Thanks for sharing!

Adam Bridge