Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW - Week 4 - Slide One
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:16:25 -0600

John:

>I'd have to really jack over to the left to get anything that the two were
>working on the show. Do you really need to see what their doing? Are there
>not enough references around for that to be picked up?

Overall, I agree with your self-crits.

Working on the show?  I re-looked at your images.  I can sort of see how the
kids might be working on a show now.  I didn't pick that up at all from just
looking at your images.  In alt #1, I didn't pick up that the poster on the
wall was in any way connected with what the kids were doing.  Is alt #2
connected, too?  What about the main?

I see a connection between alt #1 and alt #3.  I agree with having a blank
hall be better.  I'd like to see a lower camera angle, shooting up into the
girl's face.  Show us that her eyes are open and that she isn't just sleep
painting.  :)

I figured the kids were creating signs for a pep rally or something similar.
Decorating the halls with the normal school spirit posters.  If they're
putting on a show--and you want to communicate that--you might want to think
about a more blatant way to show us.

>> Regarding Xtol.  Shoot a roll in somewhat contrasty lighting and develop it
>> at 1:3 for between 12 and 14 minutes at 72F.

>Thanks for the tips. 1:3 will be my next test...

I agree.  Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3 is wonderful.  I expose at 1600 and use 12
mins @ 70 F.  Four rolls in a 1 L tank with 250 ml of Xtol.

Eric

Message from John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW - Week 4 - Slide One)