Subject: [Leica] Arne's PAW #3 and #4 for 2002
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:03:25 +0100

Hi all,

PAW #3 and PAW #4 have now been added to my web site.  Comments are, as
always, much appreciated.  The last two weeks have been very busy at work so I
have not had much time for hobbies.  Besides, the time I did have, I spent
building a darkroom at home, and honestly, working in there is much more
rewarding than playing with the scanner :-).  Personally I don't find PAW #3
and #4 very spectacular, but they are the best of the lot of what I've shot
over the last two weeks.

PAW #3 is a portrait of my wife, Cindy.  It is lit by daylight that was
diffused by a very thin curtain that hangs in front of a window in our
hallway.  Inspiration for this shot was the photos that Robert G. Stevens has
posted of his son.  I like (environmental) portraits where the subject makes
eye contact with the viewer.  Shot with Leica M6 + 1.0/50mm Noctilux at f1.4
on Ilford XP2 Super.

http://helme.stelvio.nl/paw2002/paw03.html

PAW #4 was shot last friday at a concert with a Japanese drum band called
Dadada Dan.  Unfortunately, the distance to the subject was somewhat too long
for the lens I had at hand.  Therefore, the photos have have been cropped (!)
extensively (for my standards, at least).  Shot with Leica M6 + 1.0/50mm
Noctilux at f1.4 on Fuji NPZ 800.

http://helme.stelvio.nl/paw2002/paw04.html

PAW #4 alternate photo is cropped even more that PAW #4.  The unsharpness is
probably caused by the combination of the enlargement factor, film grain,
handheld shooting, and lens not being 100% correctly focused. Also shot with
Leica M6 + 1.0/50mm Noctilux at f1.4 on Fuji NPZ 800.

http://helme.stelvio.nl/paw2002/paw04alt1.html

The main PAW index can be found at:

http://helme.stelvio.nl/paw2002/

Enjoy,

- -- Arne
Arne Helme
Email: Arne.Helme at stelvio.nl (^" at "^@)
Work: +31-33-4697340, Fax: +31-33-4697341, GSM: +31-620135827
M&I/Stelvio bv, Zonnehof 41, 3811 ND Amersfoort, the Netherlands

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW #3 and #4 for 2002)