Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW Robert Stevens Week 4
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:20:50 -0400

At 01:45 PM 1/28/2002 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>Robert - Definitely the alternative - the color seems a bit off - it almost
>has the look of a 40 year old print - but that may be my monitor or the
>net...But it is a very nice winter shot, an interesting alternative to what
>would usually be a B&W shot.

I have it in B&W, but my skills are not there yet to do it justice in
Photoshop.  As for the colour, I played with it so much I think I went
colour blind.  I was trying to get the snow white.  In the slide it had a
blue cast to it.  I probably went to far into the yellow range.  I would
call it artistic licence.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/PAW2001/wk4alt.htm

>Your main shot is too confusing for my taste - it's not so much the crane,
>as it is that I'm not sure what I'm looking at in terms of that framework
>over everything, the crane, the burned church. I think this is one of those
>shots that 'thinks' better to the photographer than it ends up looking when
>printed.

I agree that it is very cluttered.  I shot a few in colour as well and hope
they turn out better.  As I said when I posted this one, the caption is
what is needed for this picture, otherwise it is just a jumble.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/PAW2001/wk4.htm

Regards,

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW Robert Stevens Week 4)