Subject: [Leica] Re: Taking Photos in Starbucks
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:56:02 -0600

B.D.:

>I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on the LUG...
>...I don't believe that they have to show anyone squat - all they have to
>say is 'you can't take photos here.' It is their store. It is private
>property. You basically check your rights at the door. Unfortunately.

Actually, if a store is open to the public in the US, it isn't exactly
private property any more.  Stores lose some rights by soliciting the public
to come through their doors.

What rights those are and what rights you have to check at the door, I can't
quote.  It's neither black nor white.  Lots of Zones 3 - 7.  :)

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Taking Photos in Starbucks)