Subject: [Leica] the pictures for a year
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:45:41 -0600

>What about making it Picture of the Month? Only present your work once
every
>four weeks?  This doesn't mean people should stop taking pictures every
>week, in fact they should take more, but it will force people to learn to
>edit their own work, a practice many of us could benefit from. There would
>be 38 less weeks spent being overwhelmed. That way we'd be looking at what
>people consider their best shots, and I'm sure we'll still be able to find
>something wrong with each to talk about. Or not.
>Craig Semetko

I actually started three simultaneous PAW projects last August. One on each
of my three children.
Why August? That's just when the idea appealed to me (based upon Lea's PAD
of her child).
Limiting the subject matter to a particular person has certain advantages
and disadvantages.

Since my children are young 11, 8, & 2, I have the advantage of a captive
subject. Although they do tend to rag on me for taking photos of them too
much. Especially when the end of a busy week approaches and I still haven't
taken the photos. At this stage of the project I frequently get, "Dad, not
another picture of the week"
One disadvantage is I can't see 52 photos of someone else's child holding a
great deal of interest for the photographer in general, especially a truly
talented group such as this.

Overall the first six months has produced some really good photos along with
a few really forgettable ones too.  My wife and mother are the only ones who
have seen them.
My intention is to finish the year, make a web page for each child showing
the whole year and then offer them up for sacrificial criticism/praise.

Now a bit of advice please.
Should each photo have a name or caption?

Don

Replies: Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] the pictures for a year)