Subject: [Leica] Filter factors - Infra red
From: "Brian McCarthy" <brian@imagespace.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:37:04 -0000

I am just about to run a roll of Ilford SFX through my M6. I have the Ilford
SFX filter, which is apparently, equivalent to a Wratten 89B. If I pop this
in front of my lens, the TTL meter reading is 7 stops more than without it!

Can someone who has had experience of this film (or infra red in general)
offer me any info on exposure? Is it better to use the TTL meter through the
filter, or a handheld meter and adjust for filter factor? How do I guage the
filter factor? Presumably, bracketing is a must?

Thanks for any help.

Brian McCarthy
brian@imagespace.co.uk
www.imagespace.co.uk